Body, Sound & Breath, Holland, 3-9 Feb 2020
SOLD OUT !
Welcome to Body, Sound and Breath, an intensive 7-day professional training led by De’an Matuka, internationally respected dearmouring practitioner and co-founder of Dearmouring Arts, (formerly known as Dearmouring training).
This course is an essential piece for anyone seriously considering dearmouring as a job, and one of the advanced trainings Dearmouring Arts offers for dearmouring practitioners interested in enhancing their skills and learning new tools with which to serve their clients.
Body, Sound and Breath provides in-depth exploration and hands-on practice with the roles that breath, sound, body reading, and pressure points play in transforming stuck energy and facilitating effective body dearmouring.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Hundreds of specific pressure points on the whole body — part by part — where dearmouring techniques can be applied safely, places to approach with caution, and those to avoid.
- Different ways of touching and deciding how and where to touch to generate a steady release.
- Correlating body parts and how to connect them by simultaneously using two hands to generate smooth and steady release.
- How to use breath to enhance the session and help a client reach the depth of their armour.
- How to use sound and sounding effectively to resonate with the client, encouraging their use of sound to amplify and direct the movement and release of energy.
- Body reading that will help you discern what the body is saying before and during the session. This includes learning to recognise signals that indicate the state of the client and assist you in following the body through its release process.
- Techniques for grounding clients at the end of a session.
- Space to discuss your real-life clients and issues you encounter in your sessions.
The course provides a safe space in which to learn and grow as a dearmouring practitioner. You’ll be in the supportive company of your peers and an instructor who are all committed to creating a powerful group learning environment. Mutual trust and respect, intimacy and transparency, compassion, and acceptance of what arises for clearing are core values practised in every COTA training. As a result, our courses provide personal growth alongside professional development.
Each day will include presentations of theory relevant to that day’s focus, demonstrations of techniques, and hands-on practice. Because you will rotate to a new partner for each practice session, you’ll gain a variety of experience with different body types and issues. Following each practice session, there will be a post-session group discussion of participants’ individual session experiences as giver and receiver. During these discussions, you will have an opportunity to process anything that arose during the session (if you choose) and also to get your questions answered for the benefit of all.
Day 1 – Welcome and Introductions; Participants’ goals for the training; Review of key principles and flow of a typical session from opening conversation with the client through to grounding, session completion and debriefing conversation
Day 2 – Specific points on the body and where/how to touch them; Points to avoid
Day 3 – Correlating body parts with 2 hands for release; Activation points
Day 4 – Using breath to facilitate the release
Day 5 – Using sound and sounding to amplify the release
Day 6 – Body reading by the group of each participant to sharpen observation skills followed by application of body reading techniques during the practice session
Day 7 – Integrating everything during a full body practice session; Wrap-up and Closing Circle
*Note: The training consists of approximately 70 hours of instruction and practice. Due to the highly experiential nature of this advanced training, the instructor may vary the order of presentation and practice of the various components to follow the energy that emerges from the group.
Upon completion of the course, each participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
3-9 February 2020
Including workshop, vegetarian food and accommodation in single or double rooms (first come first serve for single rooms).
To register send mail to: email@example.com
This training is open only to people who completed our Basic Training:
What Students Say About This Course
“It was such a great gathering! And learning experience on so many levels. Thank you De’an! Thank you Friends!”
“Soooo grateful for this beautiful work and being in the loving space with all of you! ❤️🙏”
My own life is my personal laboratory of the human condition and transformation. Over the past 34 years I have continuously and relentlessly learned, worked and experimented on myself. Fields I have explored include human dynamics, cathartic release work, energy work, tantra, communication, healing, mens’ work, breath work, shamanism, coaching, magic, sacred medicine, meditation, dance & Biodanza Heart in Motion.