Body, Sound & Breath, Denmark, 30 Jan – 5 Feb 2023
Welcome to Body, Sound and Breath, an intensive 7-day professional training led by De’an Matuka, internationally respected dearmouring practitioner and co-founder of Dearmouring Arts.
This course is an essential piece for anyone seriously considering dearmouring as a job, and one of the advanced trainings Dearmouring Arts offers for bodywork practitioners interested in enhancing their skills and learning new tools with which to serve their clients.
Body, Sound and Breath provides in-depth exploration and hands-on practice with the roles that breath, sound, body reading, and pressure points play in transforming stuck energy and facilitating effective body dearmouring.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Hundreds of specific pressure points on the whole body — body-part by body-part — where dearmouring techniques can be applied safely, where to approach with caution, and which areas to avoid.• Different ways of touching and deciding how and where to touch to generate a steady release.
- How to use breath to:
- Get deeply intimate and close to yourself, therefore becoming a sharp and finely tuned instrument.
- Enhance the session and help a client reach the depth of their armour using their own breath.
- Learn to direct your breath (with sound or without) and use it like a precision dart to penetrate and vibrate the armour of your client.
- How to use sound to:
- Resonate with your client, therefore becoming one with them, opening them deeper into trust .
- Encouraging and teaching clients to use their sound to amplify and direct the movement and release of energy.
- Learning how different frequencies affect your client and their energy.
- Practising to direct sound into the body to vibrate parts of it.
- Using sound like an invisible finger to penetrate the body and touch parts deep within it.
- Learning how to simultaneously use both hands on different parts of the body to generate and guide a smooth and steady release.
- Body reading that will help you discern what the body of your client is saying before and during the session. This includes learning to recognise signals that indicate the state of the client and assist you in following the body through its release process.
- Space to discuss your real-life clients and issues you encounter in your sessions.
The course provides a safe space in which to learn and grow as a dearmouring practitioner. You’ll be in the supportive company of your peers and an instructor who are all committed to creating a powerful group learning environment. Mutual trust and respect, intimacy and transparency, compassion, and acceptance of what arises for clearing are core values practised in every DearmouringArts training. As a result, our courses provide personal growth alongside professional development.
Each day will include presentations of theory relevant to that day’s focus, demonstrations of techniques, and hands-on practice. Because you will rotate to a new partner for each practice session, you’ll gain a variety of experience with different body types and issues. Following each practice session, there will be a post-session group discussion of participants’ individual session experiences as giver and receiver. During these discussions, you will have an opportunity to process anything that arose during the session (if you choose) and also to get your questions answered for the benefit of all.
Day 1 – Welcome and Introductions; Participants’ goals for the training; Review of key principles and flow of a typical session from opening conversation with the client through to grounding, session completion and debriefing conversation
Day 2 – Specific points on the body and where/how to touch them; Points to avoid
Day 3 – Correlating body parts with 2 hands for release; Activation points
Day 4 – Using breath to facilitate the release
Day 5 – Using sound and sounding to amplify the release
Day 6 – Body reading by the group of each participant to sharpen observation skills followed by application of body reading techniques during the practice session
Day 7 – Integrating everything during a full body practice session; Wrap-up and Closing Circle
*Note: The training consists of approximately 70 hours of instruction and practice. Due to the highly experiential nature of this advanced training, the instructor may vary the order of presentation and practice of the various components to follow the energy that emerges from the group.
Upon completion of the course, each participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
30 January – 5 February 2023
Investment: €1490 + VAT
Including workshop, vegetarian food and accommodation.
This is an advanced training. To attend you need to have some previous experience in dearmouring, bodywork or energywork.
As part of registration we will have a short intake Zoom call with you.
To register mail: email@example.com
What Students Say About This Course
“It was such a great gathering! And learning experience on so many levels. Thank you De’an! Thank you Friends!”
“Soooo grateful for this beautiful work and being in the loving space with all of you! ❤️🙏”
My own life is my personal laboratory of the human condition and transformation. Over the past 34 years I have continuously and relentlessly learned, worked and experimented on myself. Fields I have explored include human dynamics, cathartic release work, energy work, tantra, communication, healing, mens’ work, breath work, shamanism, coaching, magic, sacred medicine, meditation, dance & Biodanza Heart in Motion.